Tuesday 30 April 2013

NHL & OHL Playoffs

The OHL Finals are the London Knights vs the Barrie Colts.  As has been my rule in the west, I've cheered for "Not London"  each and every time.  Barrie Colts share a division with my IceDogs & they Mitchell Theoret to Barrie at the deadline.  So I'm rooting for Barrie in a "Go Mitchell, boo London, Central division is the best" kinda way.

But mostly BOO LONDON.

On to the NHL playoffs which can be summed up in large font too:
 WOOOO LEAFS!!!!1

Also my predictions:

West:

1)Chicago vs 8) Minnesota
Chicago in 4, easy sweep for the Blackhawks, plus sucks to Hockey Wilderness

2)Anaheim vs 7)Detroit
Anaheim in 6, Red Wings will give their fans the slightest bit of hope then the Ducks will destroy that.  i welcome the return of the "Dead Things" era (sorry Granpa)

3)Vancouver vs 6) San Jose
I'm going off the board here and saying San Jose in 6.  Every year they're a big deal going into the playoffs and choke, so maybe in a season i forget about them they'll do well.  This is purely emotional.  Plus I want the Canucks to start Schnieder every game of the loss just so their media & fans can freak out over the summer.

4)St. Louis vs (5)Los Angeles
I'm giving it to the cup champs in 7.  I like both these teams but I don't like St. Louis goal tending   Their pair of Pietrangelo and Shattenkirk however is dreamy.

Eastern Conference

1)Pittsburgh vs 8)Islanders
I want to say Islanders in 7 but that's coming from the fan in me who also suffered through bad management and no playoffs. Pittsburgh in 6, I see lots of fight in the Isles plus MAF is still the goalie in in igloo.

2)Montreal vs 7)Ottawa
A lot of people are picking Ottawa but I don't get it.  Montreal in 6, which isn't that great since they get all 6 games as home games.

3)Washington vs 6)Rangers
Rangers in 7.  Ovi's got the scoring touch again but Lundqvist saves the Rangers bacon. Again.  Seriously guys whats the deal?

4)Boston vs 5)Toronto

Leafs in 7. Why? THE TIME FOR DELUSIONAL OPTIMISM IS NOW. GO LEAFS GO! WOOOOO PLAYOOFS!!1

No comments:

Post a Comment